KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology—every process and every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, and more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology and manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds and innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time and costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
The Estimating Manager is a self-directed person with excellent communication and technical skills combined with leadership expertise. They are responsible for ensuring clear communication and coordination of detailed cost estimate and assumptions with the complete project team. Ability to estimate all types of projects/contracts, ability to coordinate and supervise group work effort, and provide leadership and coordination to multiple projects and project teams
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead in the development of detailed cost estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, schematic, design development, construction documents). This includes determining labor, material and equipment costs for all disciplines.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of a project cost estimate throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Responsible for the pricing from other internal KATERRA business units.
- Development and implementation of a holistic strategy for each project from concept to construction.
- Responsible for determining areas for self-perform trades, KATERRA material selection and areas for value engineering.
- Direct the management of a centralized cost estimating database and a formal process to support cost estimating to ensure historical data is utilized.
- Analyze historical cost trends to forecast a projects budget at high levels.
- Ability to assess cost risks during a project lifecycle and communicate to responsible parties.
- Manage and lead a team, provide feedback, mentor and develop team members to achieve their potential.
- Assist in KPI development and achievement.
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identify cost trends to assist KATERRA in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering or Business
- 4+ years of experience in the commercial construction industry, preferably in multi-family, senior living and hospitality.
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Improvement and LEAN Construction methods.
- Experienced with Microsoft Suite, OnScreen Take-off, Jira.
- Builds high performance teams leveraging the skills and strengths of each person.
- Willing and able to make the tough decision to replace poor performers within appropriate time frames.
- Promotes positive climate in team activities. Assists team members in resolving disputes without undermining the team process.
- Organizes staff within team or project to provide for efficient operations, and to promote teamwork and growth and development of employees.
- Rotates job responsibilities and provides cross-training.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated individual with aspirations for career growth.
- Ability to work in a team environment and initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects.
- Drive towards results, proactively identify risks and escalate effectively.
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills and can Effectively work and communicate across large cross-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solver, and communicator.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.