Kabbage is setting a new standard in big data and FinTech and we are looking for a Decision Analyst - Analytics to join us as we continue our amazing growth trajectory.
Kabbage is a leading FinTech company changing the way small businesses solve cash-flow challenges. Fully automated and deeply connected with its 160,000+ customers, Kabbage provides access to funding in minutes, extends more than $10 million every day to small businesses, and powers borrowing experiences for some of the largest companies in the world. While we've received numerous awards and recognition—such as Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Inc Magazine's Top Private Companies, GlassDoor’s Best Places to Work, and Forbes FinTech 50—it is our people, our culture, and our leaders that make Kabbage such a great place to work.
You will have the opportunity to work on the most challenging and impactful projects in the Risk space, help drive and implement key strategic and tactical initiatives, demonstrating high standards of teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
What you'll be doing:
As a Risk Analyst you will have the opportunity to work on important initiatives from start to finish with a variety of teams. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Drive Risk management strategies to deliver profitable growth of existing portfolio and new products in lending, payment and other related financial products.
- Partner with all stakeholders to discover, define, assess, and document business needs and requirements.
- Must be able to quickly establish connect and credibility while working on behalf of the Risk organization and support Risk Analytics related requests across all aspects of product life cycle.
- Understand entire gamut of product offerings and help the team with support in Risk and Underwriting strategies implementation.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the project with quality and within stipulated timelines.
- Successfully engage in multiple project initiatives simultaneously.
What you should have:
- MBA or equivalent degree from IIM/ISB
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a analytics driven environment
- Exposure to statistical concepts, SQL, R, Python and analytical approaches. Hands on exposure is a plus.
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
- Strong skills as a change agent, a facilitator, an analyst, and problem solver
- Maintain high standards of quality in all work
What we're looking for in you:
- Enthusiasm: Exhibits passion and excitement over work; has a can-do attitude.
- Structured thinking: Ability to hone in on the key issues of a problem/project and cleanly structure a path to a solution.
- Curiosity: Desire to understand not just what to do but why we are doing it; natural inquisitiveness and willingness to challenge the status quo. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Persistence: Follows through on items without being managed. Resourceful, has grit, possesses "can do" attitude.
- Empathy: Recognizes and respects the priorities of different individuals/teams so that when trade-offs are necessary, they are well informed and well-communicated.
- Flexibility: Cool with rapidly changing priorities and projects.
- Calm under pressure: Ability to navigate and lead the team through high-priority last minute requests and other high stress situations; works well under high-pressure timelines.
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, PowerPoint).
- Assertiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Organization and planning: Ability to effectively prioritize and sequence efforts both for him/herself as well as for a project.
The Kabbage Advantage
At Kabbage, our people are awesome, so we built the Kabbage Advantage—our way of being awesome right back. We offer competitive benefits including unlimited PTO, equity in the company, and exceptional health coverage options. Our team members enjoy a dynamic work environment with daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and onsite fitness classes.
While our perks and benefits are generous, the people are actually what make Kabbage great. Kabbagers are curious, creative, and resilient. We are enthusiastic, productive, and problem solvers. And we don’t do it alone. At Kabbage, you will find low-ego individuals who work hard to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Kabbage is an equal opportunity employer. At Kabbage we make all employment decisions, which include hiring, promoting, transferring, demoting, evaluating, compensating and separating, without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, disability, service in the uniform services, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.