Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Analyst will execute all aspects of the monthly general ledger close process, including ensuring completeness of transactions, performing analytical review of results and researching variances. The Accountant Analyst will directly assist the Accounting Manager in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deliverables and lead special projects. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, self-direction and a strong work ethic. The individual filling this role will gain the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment surrounded by passionate, driven individuals committed to driving change through Iora’s innovative healthcare model.
- Prepare general ledger entries including various allocations
- Assist with payroll, payables and employee expense processing
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed asset sub-ledger along with all associated controls, procedures and reconciliations of fixed assets
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of monthly close adjustments and accruals
- Perform analytical review of financial results and understand factors driving variances
- Prepare account reconciliations and follow up on reconciling items
- Prepare required schedules for internal and external auditors
- Assist with preparing sales tax and other regulatory reports required by state and local governments
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statements
- Build and maintain working relationships with operating and other finance groups and provide them with subject matter expertise assistance
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities through automation and/or efficiency initiatives
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting needs
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Understanding of GAAP and accounting theory
- Proficient in Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Netsuite experience is a plus
- Able to multitask in a growing, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
About Iora Health
Iora Health is transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model, that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier and healthier. Our patients get a team that respects and listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, and it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.