Are you ready to restore humanity to healthcare? We’re looking for a full-stack software engineer to help create the web applications that support the Iora Health vision. As a member of our engineering team, you will collaborate with customers, designers, doctors, and other clinical practice staff while building innovative solutions that directly impact the quality of care delivered to our patients. You will contribute to the development, testing, and release cycles of multiple applications and services. Best of all, you will be instrumental in building the systems and culture of an exciting, fast-growing, mission-focused company that is working to fix the healthcare system one patient at a time. We believe in building a diverse team, and we strive to make our office a welcoming space for everyone. We encourage hard-working, resilient people from all backgrounds to join us.
Learn more about our team here.
- You care deeply about fixing the US healthcare system from the ground up and contributing to the health and well-being of patients from all over the country. You are motivated by the fact that your daily work keeps people healthy and out of the hospital.
- You’re a web development generalist who handles all sorts of technical tasks with efficiency, precision, and correctness. You’ve been building web services and applications, you know how they work, how to keep them running, and how to make them scale. You are continuously learning new tools, patterns, and frameworks to make your job more effective and fun.
- You are passionate about ensuring the delivery of high quality software via industry leading practices such as writing and maintaining comprehensive test coverage.
- You understand that writing software is a team activity, and are excited to collaborate and communicate as part of your work every day. You not only work well with your direct teammates, but others around the business as well.
- You are comfortable leading the technical implementation of a team of engineers and holding them accountable to quality standards and best practice and building solutions with collaboration and team consensus in mind.
- You communicate well in written and spoken English, with both technical and not-so-technical people.
- You value mentorship of other engineers and are looking forward to helping engineers of all career levels become better at their roles.
- You are self-directed, confident, and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment. You stay on an even keel during course corrections and priority shifts while maintaining a sense of humor.
- You have an interest in the future on becoming a people manager by coaching a small group of engineers while contributing to active software development as an engineer.
5-8 years of web application development experience building complex systems and applications.
Bonus: 1-2 years experience managing engineers
Below we list some of the most valuable skills that our engineers have. While experience in a majority of these areas is ideal, we understand that learning on the job is part of the fun and we don't expect you to show up having skills in all of the below areas.
- Ruby and Rails with extensive OOP knowledge.
- Develop with BDD/TDD using automated test tools
- SQL and relational database experience (we use PostgreSQL).
- Familiarity with asynchronous messaging and queuing systems
- Experience using git and GitHub for feature development and pull request code reviews.
- Comfortable using agile development practices. We release working software continuously (multiple deploys per day) and work in short two-week iterations.
Iora Health is transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship-based care model that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you help them live happier and healthier. Our patients get a team that respects and listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, and it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Some of the many benefits at Iora
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) with matching
- Disability insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Conference attendance
- Continuing education
- Life insurance
- Health savings plan/FSA
- Commuter and parking benefits
- Paid vacation