We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
When it comes to the connection between health and nutrition, the data tells an eye-opening story. Today, more than one in 10 Americans doesn’t have reliable access to nutritious food, and more than 100 million people in the United States suffer from diet-related disease. Further, 85 percent of U.S. healthcare costs come from treating chronic diseases, like diabetes and hypertension, that can be caused or made worse by diets that lack key nutrients. It’s one reason why America spends more than any other country on healthcare but has lower life expectancy than other wealthy countries.
While these trends are sobering, we see them as a clear call to action.
As the leading online grocery technology company in North America, we’ve not only become a staple in millions of households, we’re already naturally playing a major role in people’s health. We’ve seen firsthand via independent and partner research studies that online grocery delivery helps people get access to fresh food, adopt healthier eating habits, save time, manage their budgets, and eliminate transportation and mobility barriers to nutrition. As a company at the center of people’s relationship with what they eat, we have an opportunity – and a responsibility – to do more.
About the Job
We are hiring a healthcare commercial leader to help us achieve our mission and grow critical relationships with providers. This person is expected to be the senior advocate and expert for our healthcare provider relationships within Instacart, as well as a champion for empowering and enabling the Instacart Health team to operate effectively and drive growth. The right leader is entrepreneurial, a strong operator, and a big picture thinker that will help us build this business from the ground floor. In this role, you will:
- Establish new relationships and grow existing relationships
- Deliver ambitious growth goals while growing long-term strategic relationships
- Create, maintain and evolve account plans and strategies to achieve joint growth objectives
- Demonstrate deep understanding of your business with the ability to give high level or deep status updates at a moment’s notice (i.e. opportunity, risks, actions, help needed)
- Develop, review and deploy sales collateral, case studies, and custom ‘stories’ to translate benefits of Instacart’s platform to healthcare Partners
- Lead large scale contract negotiations
- Review and approve all partner contracts and commitments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Instacart cross functional teams (e.g. analytics, product management, engineering, legal, finance, etc.)
- Maintain a strong understanding of the evolving Instacart value proposition for providers in a rapidly evolving healthcare sector
- 6-10+ years’ experience with providers in healthcare technology business development, sales, and/or consulting
- A demonstrated ability to achieve ambitious targets and grow billion dollar businesses
- Experience building and maintaining C-suite executive relationships
- Strong understanding of health technology industry and providers' budgets, competition, regulatory environment, and timelines
- Strong written / verbal communication skills and executive presence
- Healthcare strategy experience with ability to ‘think big’
- Some understanding of Instacart’s business model and position in the competitive set
- Empathy for and understanding of product development and engineering in a fast moving / high growth tech environment
- Ability to form, lead and develop effective teams in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.