We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
About the Role -
We are looking for a Risk and Compliance Senior Engineer to be a trusted compliance advisor at Instacart and connect with teams across the Engineering organization. You will establish controls across the enterprise, grow our risk management function, and build out automated controls.
The ideal candidate has experience designing and implementing controls, unifying multiple compliance frameworks under a single set of controls, and building automated control monitoring and alerting using leading GRC tools. You have experience in a platform technology company utilizing cloud and DevOps principles. You enjoy staying up-to-date on compliance best practices, finding tooling to automate processes, and understanding how changes in the technology landscape require us to continuously improve our strategy and approach.
About the Team -
The Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) team works directly with our Engineering partners across Product, infrastructure, and Information Security. We also partner closely with other functions in Legal and Finance. GRC is part of the broader team driving strategic execution within Engineering and ultimately reporting to the CTO.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Design controls in a DevOps environment including change and logical access risks, and work directly with cross functional Engineering teams to meet compliance needs across several compliance frameworks (SOX, SOC-2, PCI, HIPAA, etc).
- Optimize the environment by rethinking legacy controls. align redundant controls, designing for automation, and focusing on the Engineers impacted by designed processes.
- Prioritize and execute control automations (enforcement, monitoring, evidence collection) using GRC tooling like Hyperproof.
- Define program objectives, identify key metrics, and drive stakeholder reporting.
- Scale compliance while supporting engineers and our broader business partners on compliance-related issues and providing them with the resources necessary to provide self-service solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in managing compliance for complex information systems
- Experience with Technology companies building their own custom software in cloud environments
- Experience identifying commonalities in controls across multiple frameworks to drive efficiency
- Stellar written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills
- A strong sense of ownership; self-motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM, CIA, CPA, or similar qualifications/certifications
- Experience implementing and configuring GRC tools
- A Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.