We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are seeking a Tax Manager, Compliance to join our fast-paced tax team and play a key role in further developing and leading the day-to-day operations of the income tax compliance and reporting tax function - both US and foreign. You will also be responsible for assisting with the
development and implementation of policies, cross-functional teaming, improving processes and identifying resources in a fast-paced environment. You will partner with key internal partners from the Controllership, Finance, Strategy, Legal, Internal Audit, Investor Relations, and Treasury, to optimize tax structures, manage effective tax rates, optimize cash tax flows, and minimize risks and tax exposures. This role reports to the Senior Manager of Compliance and Provision.
About The Job
- Manage compliance calendar and filing requirements/deadlines for numerous jurisdictions worldwide
- Present tax findings to senior management
- Manage worldwide tax account reconciliations
- Assist in forecast modeling with respect to future effective tax rates and cash taxes
- Support documentation of income tax strategies, policies and positions
- Implement and maintain strong internal controls processes including liaising with Internal Audit, Controllership and our external auditors regarding SOX compliance
- Manage and coordinate global income tax compliance which includes working with outsource providers and internal resources
- Perform and review technical research and analysis on US and foreign income tax matters and communicate effectively to leadership and cross-functional teams
- Enable product launches, go to market execution, and financial targets.
- Work closely with external consultants, while also owning key cross functional relationships with Accounting and Finance leaders
- Support the product strategy and roadmap for Tax
- 8+ years of relevant tax experience working at an accounting firm or multi-national public company
- A strong background in corporate US income tax compliance
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with partners and leadership
- Consistent record of mentoring and developing talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including established presentation skills with leadership and board materials
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart
- An advanced degree or professional qualification in tax, accounting, or law (CPA, JD or Master’s degree) Preferred
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.