We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking to bring on an experienced Senior Manager, Credit & Collections to own collections. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a dynamic environment working with many cross functional teams to reach data driven goals. This individual will report directly to the Senior Director of Accounting Operations.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage monthly performance views across portfolios including operational execution, strategy performance, and changes to risk profile
- Manage a large team (8+)
- Provide periodic, actionable reporting to senior management
- Prepare, review and present quarterly bad debt reserves
- Develop and implement an escalation process
- Lead root cause analyses to identify further opportunities to predict, prevent, and mitigate credit risk
- Re-assess key policies to mitigate risk and maximize collections efficiency and effectiveness
- Responsible for establishing credit policy
- Collaborate with Operations and Finance leaders in evaluating and streamlining procedures across North America consistent with global credit policies
- Responsible for establishing credit limits for customer base which consists of reviewing credit applications, bank & trade references, and financial reviews
- Initiatives will require end-to-end execution from initial assessment through recommendation and implementation Identify opportunities for automation and system improvements
- Assess the capabilities of products in the market and onboard new solutions as appropriate
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders across the business to define needs and deliver holistic solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field AND at least 12+ years of professional accounting experience
- 8+ years leading and developing a global collections team
- Extensive experience in scaling through technology and automation
- Global public company collections experience is preferred
- Experience developing and maintaining management and performance reporting
- Ability to establish relationships and negotiate with customers
- Experience utilizing various Collections Modules/Tools
- Advanced Excel skills
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.