We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our End User Revenue Team. This individual will be primarily working on accounting for Instacart’s external and internal promotions and partnerships as well as other Consumer revenue areas. We are looking for a motivated individual who will be able to contribute to our team's overall mission of providing reliable financial information and exceptional operations in alignment with Instacart's strategic goals while fostering a culture of inclusion. By providing accurate financial reporting, business guidance, and streamlined processes, this individual will help support the company's ability to sustainably increase profitability and attract long-term investment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Responsible for month-end close, quarter-end and year end close activities, such as preparing and reviewing transactions, complex work papers, account reconciliations, manual journal entries and flux analysis
- Complete contract reviews and preparation of revenue recognition workbooks to support month-end close activities
- Research accounting guidance and document our position on revenue transactions
- Review and complete the controls for reporting revenue
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external and internal audit processes
- Collaborate with other departments across the business on pending partnership agreements or strategic initiatives
- Identify process improvement opportunities and work with appropriate stakeholders to create more efficient processes
- Collaborate with the Financial Systems team on data integrity and automation
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- 4+ years total accounting experience, including public accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects
- Ability to thrive in change and ambiguity
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills and good business acumen
- Experience identifying problematic areas and determine root cause
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Excel
Bonus if you have....
- Big 4 audit experience
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Experience with Oracle Financials, SAP or ERP system
- Experience with BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, and Periscope a plus
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.