We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, influential, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while supporting our company values. You will join a fast-paced Accounting and Finance team to drive critical business objectives, partner on organization level initiatives, and deliver transformation and improvement to merger and acquisition processes.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Strategically design and drive projects and programs that improve business processes, use of technology, and data flow within Instacart Finance and Accounting.
- Gather requirements and create process flow diagrams for current and future processes for newly acquired companies.
- Advise and unblock other project team members such as project managers, business system analysts and cross-functional partners.
- Lead system implementation, integration, and change management initiatives.
- Partner with the Accounting team to deliver complex, high priority work streams.
- Utilize understanding of critical business processes including Record-to-Report, Procure-to-Pay, and Quote-to-Cash to Sox controls to deliver new accounting processes and scalable system capabilities.
- Build strong relationships and leverage partnerships to execute projects, get stakeholder buy-in and stay connected to business needs.
- Document requirements, test scenarios, test schedules, configuration Playbooks, cutover plans and project tasks required to deliver projects successfully through go-live and normalization.
- Ensure Go-Live and normalization phases of the project are closely managed for a smooth user experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA is a bonus
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience working in Finance and/or Accounting function
- Has 5 years project management experience in implementing Oracle or other financial ERP systems
- Proven problem solving and analytical thinking and ability to approach problems logically and systematically.
- Experience working on system related projects including data management, integration, migration, analysis and other needs.
- Financial systems experience (Oracle or similar ERP, SFDC, Coupa, reporting platforms, integrations, etc)
- Strong understanding of Finance and Accounting processes such as Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, and Record to Report preferred
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to make complex business concepts easily digestible
- Comfort expressing a point of view and taking risks
- Passion for insights and knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.