We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The ideal candidate can demonstrate deep analytics skills to identify, extract, and visualize opportunities across all areas of Fraud, which can then be used to drive significant improvements across various segments of the company. Additionally, we are looking for someone who possesses excellent time-management skills, the ability to communicate & present information to business partners, and a deep-seated passion for continuous improvement, data integrity, and scalable solutions.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own data analysis and visualization as it relates to all areas of Fraud; chargebacks, appeasement/promo/earnings abuse, un-captured charges, account takeovers, etc, as well as the identification of potential root causes of potential change(s) in metrics
- Regularly communicate associated outcomes and insights to various partners, including senior management to guide strategic decisions for improvement
- Develop dashboards, analytical frameworks, and detailed reporting models that provide reliable, easily-digestible insights to key collaborators to help guide decisions around process, policy, systems, and service models
- Develop a deep understanding of how each area of the business impacts the other, as well as the underlying correlations relating to key company metrics
- Build automated reporting to ensure operations leaders are advised of variations and opportunities across geographies and teams
- Analyze unstructured behavioral data to discover operational events and activities impacting fulfillment quality and customer, shopper, and retailer experience
- Fundamentally change the way our teams across North America think about outstanding performance and customer experiences through innovative data approaches and insights
- Regularly collaborate with other analysts, subject matter experts, and decision-makers to develop data-driven policies and models to improve overall fulfillment performance
- Minimum 5-7 years in analytics, business intelligence/operations, investment banking, or related environment
- Ability to write complex and performant queries in your dialect of SQL to extract data from our data warehouse (Hive, Snowflake or Presto experience a plus)
- Experience with R, Python, and/or Julia (proficiency in at least one language preferred)
- Experience with analytical visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker, Periscope or similar tools
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics and build compelling narratives for various audiences
- Excellent partnership skills and desire to help others grow
- High level of accountability and ownership – driven and focused self-starter
- Strategic demeanor –able to think ahead of where the company is at now
- Understanding of A/B testing and other forms of statistical analysis using statistical packages similar to R, SAS, or Pandas
- Experience in e-commerce, CNP payments, finance, SaaS, digital goods or marketplace industry.
- Assess and measure the impact of product changes and vendor performance
- Work cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Operations to inspire changes
- Experience in Fraud or Transaction Risk field
- Experience working with payment processing, authentication, anti-fraud systems and tools or vendors
- Experience in reporting using R Shiny, Dash, or Bokeh
- Advanced degree in statistics or other quantitative fields
- Experience with experimentation, Data modeling, ETL and data pipeline development experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.