We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We're looking for an experienced security engineer to join our fast moving team. We work on a range of interesting and challenging problems, from supporting thousands of concurrent shoppers and processing millions of data points in real time, to determining the best route for deliveries and predicting store inventory levels.
Our goal is to run the world's most trusted and secure grocery delivery platform. We work across all layers of our infrastructure to ensure we deploy trustworthy systems and protect our customers’, shoppers’, and partners’ data.
As one of the key members of the Detection And Response Team, you will have a tremendous impact on Instacart's security posture and engineering culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have a large sense of ownership, grow extraordinarily in their career, and develop cross-functional technical and soft skills. Our platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time, all of the time.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop and run capabilities to gather security telemetry data from cloud production system at scale
- Build reliable log aggregation and orchestration platform to automate workflows and improve identification and response time for security incidents
- Implement tools and frameworks to detect threats across Instacart environments
- Build and optimize detection rules using available resources and write effective runbooks
- Respond to security incidents, perform investigations and communicate clearly and efficiently to stakeholders
- Contribute to improving processes, procedures and technologies used for detection and response
- 7+ years of full-time experience in the information security field, including security monitoring, incident response and threat hunting
- Previous experience operating detection and response capability at hyper growth companies highly desirable
- Prior experience leading complex investigations with large number of stakeholders
- Advanced domain knowledge managing and working with modern SIEM/SOAR platforms
- Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure environments
- Experience developing tools and automation using common devops toolsets and programming languages
- Exceptional analytical and investigative abilities with hands-on experience
- Excellent communication skills - ability to serve as a security advocate and evangelist
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.