We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The senior associate in Internal Audit will hold an important role in helping to establish our new audit department’s brand as a collaborative risk advisory function and establish a SOX program for public company readiness.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Build positive working relationships with various Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Products and Operations groups acting in both an audit and advisory role for various projects
- Support control owners in the identification and documentation of internal controls, providing advice and consult in the design of controls
- Identify, evaluate, and document the design and effectiveness of the company's internal controls looking for both control gaps and opportunities to gain process efficiencies
- Assist in the creation and implementation of internal audit methodologies, procedures and overall audit department culture
- Assist in the establishment of ways to use data analytics and technology to strengthen audit department capabilities
- Provide input and assistance to the implementation of an audit and SOX application & tool
- Communicate review results to management along with process improvement recommendations
- Prepare reports/presentations summarizing results of assessment work
- Serves as the day-to-day liaison with key stakeholders to ensure open lines of communications are maintained and audit objectives are met
- 3+ years of related process, systems, internal controls or applicable assurance experience; public accounting experience a plus
- Minimally, possess a Bachelor's degree in accounting, management information systems, business management, or related field
- CIA, CPA, CISA, CIA, CISSP or related certifications; solid understanding of PCAOB Auditing Standard 5 and other relevant PCAOB and SEC guidance
- Exude integrity in every aspect of your persona and know what it means to be accountable
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.