We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As the Technology Audit Leader, you will bring energy, momentum and experience to help us build our inaugural internal audit department. With your deep knowledge of how technology powers business models, the risks with those technologies, and how automation can enable scalable process execution, you will bring to the team a risk-based lens that will enable the company to establish a solid control environment.
This role will support the company’s growth and ongoing compliance with the technology aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) readiness while simultaneously partnering with the Head of Internal Audit to define the long-term strategic vision and roadmap for an effective and consultative technology audit and risk advisory function.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with engineering, finance and products to establish a strong and scalable internal controls environment for systematic driven business processes and underlying technologies
- Drive audit department relationship with technology and engineering cross functional departments maintaining awareness of systems or business process changes
- In partnership with SOX program lead, oversee the technology related SOX program; liaise with internal and co-source resources to execute projects; collaborate with and advise internal business owners; evaluate and conclude on control assessments; work closely with external auditors to coordinate quarterly and year-end control testing
- Support risk assessment and planning discussions, evaluating the company’s strategic plans, major initiatives, and key risks; form recommendations to build the internal audit strategy
- Establish a technology audit function and build an analytics driven approach to efficiently monitor for risk
- Support Head of Internal Audit with planning, designing and executing assurance and assessment projects
- Participate in systems implementations to ensure proper control procedure is followed and control design is implemented; ensure utilization of automation / automated controls where appropriate
- Review results to management along with process improvement recommendations and prepare audit reports/presentations
- Assist in the development and build of the internal team, hiring, coaching and mentorship
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand automated processes in a digital platform and the underlying technology
- Business process savvy, ideally including an understanding of business processes, how systems support these processes, and the related risks that impact financial reporting
- Understanding of technical aspects of digital advertising including auction price bidding, ad measurement and downstream revenue recognition
- A proven ability to effectively lead Technology driven portions of a SOX program and drive improvements year over year
- Knowledge of technology compliance frameworks and related technology, security and privacy controls
- A collaborative mentality in order to optimally advise engineering, security, products and business process owners on control design and influence timely remediation of control environment improvements
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex and technical matters efficiently and effectively to executive leadership
- The ability to transform goals and objectives into practical solutions/plans
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude. A self-starter promoting project ownership and responsibility for actions exhibiting project management skills
- Possess proven problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to lead with vision but the willingness to help with execution
- 12+ years of related process, systems, internal controls or applicable assurance experience; public accounting experience a plus
- Minimally, possess a Bachelor's degree in management information systems, or related field, accounting, or business management
- CISA, CIA, CISSP, CPA, or related certifications; solid understanding of PCAOB Auditing Standard 5 and other relevant PCAOB and SEC guidance
- Exude integrity in every aspect of your persona and know what it means to be accountable
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.