We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
The Group Product Manager, Cart leads a team of Product Managers while contributing in a senior-level individual contributor capacity (as needed). This role is responsible for leading a core tenet of Caper’s product offering, Caper Carts. In this role you will define and execute on the vision of our smart shopping carts; a product that makes grocery shopping a magical experience for customers while delivering unrivaled value and continuously unlocking opportunities for retailers.
In this key role you are responsible for identifying initiatives tied to our objectives and leading a team of product managers through delivery. You will work with your team to derive and review insights gathered from a multitude of sources including shoppers, retail partners, session data and industry trends.
To succeed in this role you believe that Design and Engineering should not be siloed and that they work together throughout the process to build a structurally sound, beautiful, and intuitive user experience.
About the Team
Caper builds smart shopping carts powered by deep learning and computer vision to enable a seamless grab-and-go retail experience. Caper’s unique technology is a plug- and-play solution that does not require retail store renovation, operational overhaul, heavy compute, and endless image labeling & training. Retailers simply purchase smart shopping carts and the entire store is upgraded with cashierless capabilities!
Caper is one of the fastest-growing retail automation technology products in the market, costs less than 1% of our competitions’ infrastructure and is already widely adopted in the marketplace. Our cross-functional and durable Product team solves hard customer & business problems in ways that our customers love.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead product planning, product & customer discovery, the product development process, effort estimation and collaborate with teams across the organization (i.e Engineering and Design).
- Identify opportunities via qualitative & quantitative research, case studies, and reviews of industry standard methodologies.
- Intake & validate new ideas through a set of frameworks and drive them into implementable projects.
- Serve as the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization.
- Promote best design practices and user experiences while creating a scalable & easy to use product that connects with its users.
- Evaluate shopper/partner challenges and build solutions (from top-level goals to detailed operational and system details). Maintain alignment across partner-facing teams.
- Publish company-wide updates. Ensure that requirements, release notes and other artifacts are documented.
- 6+ years of Product Management experience
- 2+ years experience leading a team of product managers
- Experience managing a hardware or physical system product
- Knowledge of industry standard design tools and strong design thinking practices
- Strong understanding of an empathetic, flexible and iterative approach to product development
- Design thinking experiences & experiences standing behind design decisions that focus on finding out the right ideas alongside the business’s focus on growth
- Proven experience leveraging data to make good decisions when confronted with ambiguity. You should be data and metrics driven
- Strong experiences presenting to large groups & influencing people to run towards goals
- Strong ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Experience managing consumer-facing products or services
- Engineering background or strong understanding of technical implementation at a high level
- Experience with computer vision, software & hardware, IoT products
- Ability to be based in the New York City area preferred but not required
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.