We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Seeking a proven strategic finance leader with the right tools and experience to lead cross-functional efforts to optimize, be a key member of Instacart’s Mergers & Acquisitions team, and to play point in integration and reporting. Strategic Finance Senior Managers joining Instacart’s Strategic Finance team at this stage will get to help shape the M&A footprint of the company at a key point in our evolution. This role will have a critical impact on our company’s near and long-term success. This role will report into the Director of Corporate Finance.
As a Strategic Finance Sr. Manager, you have cross-functional partnership skills, comfort working through complex challenges, and the ability to consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You are highly analytical and a clear, confident communicator.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Founding team member - this new position is part of our team’s expansion and path to maturity
- Partner cross-functionally with Corporate Development, Business Operations, Accounting, and product leaders to drive and provide visibility into integration, leadership in budgeting and forecasting processes, and enable strategic decision making and initiative prioritization
- Develop monthly, quarterly, annual, and long-range planning; performance and forecast reviews; and other strategic finance deliverables
- Prepare insightful analytics for cross functional leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help guide Instacart’s strategic direction on optimizing the acquisition synergies
- Become a trusted advisor to senior executives, and embedded “CFO in the room”
- Complete ad-hoc business projects and financial modeling analysis that drive decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or other related field
- 8-12 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Perspective required, experience preferred with M&A in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience in investment banking, equity research, private equity, management consulting, FP&A / Strategic Finance at high-growth technology company preferred
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage multiple competing priorities, and drive projects to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ability to clearly articulate ideas and drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendations and action plans
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.