We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a Tax Program Manager to join the Tax Team. This person will champion company-wide initiatives in partnership with the Senior Director of Tax and Senior Manager of New Products and Initiatives. You will play a key role as project manager to operationalize various strategic projects internally and cross-functionally. The individual must be a self-starter, process oriented, fast learner and capable of working with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. This candidate will have a diverse tax technical background applied to project management and problem solving while working cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Legal and Finance . Effective communication, time management and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects are essential to the success of this role.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Project manage expansion, process improvement, and operational projects for the Tax team, including the creating project plans, setting project timelines, and tracking deliverables and action items
- Work cross-functionally across multiple teams, including Product, Engineering, Legal, Accounting, and Finance on a range of cross-functional projects, including the evaluation of new products, markets, and countries
- Communicate with stakeholders on status of project plans and provide recommendations to resolve issues
- Design, implement, and oversee governance tools to manage initiatives for the Tax Team
- Design scalable playbooks that document the team’s policies and procedures
- Support the project prioritization roadmap for the Tax team
- 6+ years of related experience
- Project/program management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience communicating and presenting tax matters to various stakeholders
- Experience working with and in a cross-functional team
- Experience with eCommerce and/or tech industry
- Analytical skills, flexibility, and creativity
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.