We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, New Products and Initiatives to join the Tax Team. The key focus of this role will be to manage a team responsible for supporting the development, growth and expansion of our product offerings and new initiatives globally. This is a newly developed team and will require an entrepreneurial spirit to build out this newly created team of Tax Program Managers and develop a strategic roadmap that aligns with both company-wide and tax team initiatives. Your success will be measured on your ability to build strong relationships within Tax and across the broader organization, recommend and support the implementation of product solutions, operationalize various strategic projects internally and cross-functionally, and meet evolving deadlines. The individual must be a self-starter, process oriented, fast learner and capable of working with limited direction. This candidate will have a diverse tax technical background applied to project management and problem solving while working cross functionally with Product, Engineering, Legal , Finance and Business Development . Effective communication, time management and prioritization skills in managing multiple projects are essential to the success of this role. This person will report to the Senior Director of Tax.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance, and Business Development on new products, initiatives, and global expansions of existing products and new initiatives
- Develop a prioritization roadmap in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage a team of tax program managers and evaluate resources to support program management
- Manage the tax aspects for the end-to-end life cycle of product deployment, including but not limited to design review, testing, launch, tax functionality, reporting, documentation and compliance
- Work closely with internal tax subject matter experts and external advisors to identify tax issues arising from new products, initiatives, and product expansions
- Evaluate and develop documentation to support internal processes, business requirements and external communications to support program management of new products and initiatives
- 10+ years of relevant tax experience with a deep understanding of US income and sales tax laws as well as international tax systems.
- Relevant public accounting, law firm or industry experience
- Prior project management experience supporting new products and initiatives, bringing awareness to tax considerations and advocating for tax requirements.
- Effective communication to understand and communicate technical tax issues to non-tax team members and work effectively across all functional teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey complex tax topics in a non-technical manner and effectively work with other functions within the company.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.