We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As a Program Manager on the Operations team, you will lead key engagement efforts designed to improve and enhance the shopper experience. You’ll be part of a team focused on understanding shopper challenges, supporting them through an ever-changing landscape,, and sharing key insights cross-functionally to drive improvements. This is a fast-paced environment, and we have dynamic needs that require a lot of agility. You’ll provide a wide array of project leadership and support and serve as liaison between the shopper and the organization.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our team is dedicated to providing programming focused on supporting shoppers in a variety of ways. We believe providing Instacart shoppers with an engaging online community and understanding their challenges is key to customer happiness and Instacart’s success as the world leader in online groceries.
You’ll collaborate with cross-functional partners like Communications, Legal, Product, Engineering, and more to develop and implement ideas that drive shopper engagement. Once ideas are deployed, you’ll measure your program's success through shopper feedback and key performance indicators.
ABOUT THE JOB
The right candidate knows how to take an idea through to an actionable strategy, leveraging key business partners and mobilizing cross-functional teams to support the shopper. As a Shopper Community Program Manager your role will include:
- Partnering with the Shopper 360 leadership to develop overall strategy and roadmap
- Working with key cross-functional leaders to leverage shopper insights to drive value for the organization and shoppers
- Driving and sustaining ongoing shopper engagement by leading and managing a variety of programs and projects targeted at creating in-person and virtual support for shoppers
- Owning the life cycle of a project through implementation - including pilots/ tests, creation of operational processes & supporting tools/ reporting, documentation, and overall project management
- Delivering regular, weekly updates that provide the context, data, risks/ issues, and action needed
- Surfacing bottlenecks, blockers and identifying root causes of issues, and creating proposed solutions
- Ongoing measurement of program effectiveness through a combination of qualitative feedback and metric tracking, iterating and adapting as necessary
- Staying in touch with shopper needs and sentiment to incorporate into programs, improve the shopper app, and identify other opportunities to improve the shopper experience
- 3+ years experience in project/program management, preferably targeted to front-line workers (PMP certification a bonus)
- Direct experience building or growing online communities, forum moderation, and customer advocacy
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly and easily to a variety of audiences - including direct communication with shoppers around sensitive topics
- Excellent attention to detail & organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Analytically minded, with experience leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data to inform decisions
- Strong business judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively
- Exhibit the willingness to take initiative and be action- and solution-oriented
- Proven ability to thrive in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and be a self-starter
- Embody our Go Far Together value by being willing to provide help and support to other team members when needed
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.