We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
This Revenue Accounting Manager II, Retail position provides an opportunity to be part of a team that helps shape global revenue policies. You will serve as a leader and an expert in representing the global revenue team for assessment of accounting treatments across various avenues such as complicated product offerings associated with the company’s marketplace, acquisitions and unique customer contracts.
Someone who will thrive in this role will have in-depth technical revenue accounting knowledge of ASC 606, excellent business acumen and operational knowledge, passion for working with and managing teams, and a process and goal driven mindset.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Reviewing and maintaining global revenue policies, key customer contracts, and other process documentation to identify risks and gaps compared to the company policies or practices
- Technical lead and help maintain the company's compliance with revenue standard (ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers)
- Coach and mentor revenue accountants to support contract negotiation, contract reviews, and revenue accounting’s monthly close
- Develop accounting memos to ensure revenue recognition following company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards under ASC 606
- Advise business partners on developments in accounting and financial reporting, related company policies and the external regulatory environment
- Provide technical accounting and growth recognition advice to Sales and Commercial teams, influencing optimal agreement structures to minimize financial risk
- Participate in revenue accounting audit and assist with revenue financial disclosures
- Manage the review and approval of new product launches, pricing changes, growth agreements, ensuring appropriate recognition in accordance with ASC 606
- 5+ years of public accounting experience or recent 606 revenue technical accounting in a Public Company
- 2+ years of management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Document technical accounting conclusions & positions
- Participate and provide guidance in weekly meetings (with internal and external team members)
- Oversee the contract review process, ASC 606 Checklist documentation, and contract review controls
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to provide guidance and communicate revenue accounting positions
- Prepare read-outs to management in written form (email, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Support CPQ/Deal Desk and other projects
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.