We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
At Instacart, we believe that investing in our employees' development sets them up for success. We are looking for a Leadership Development Lead who is passionate about this work to build learning and development programs for our most senior leaders and act as a learning business partner for our functions. This role is a key driver on our People Development team, and will report to the Director of People Development.
You will collaborate intimately with senior business leaders (Directors+) to launch tailored programs that reflect the needs of our business and team. You’ll work closely with HRBPs, external resources, and cross-functional partners to launch these initiatives.
You will need to organize effectively, communicate clearly, think creatively, challenge convention, and in some cases reinvent how work is done. While direct prior experience is valuable, you are fundamentally a problem solver and enjoy finding and applying the right solution for the situation at hand.
This position will be based in commutable distance to our San Francisco or Toronto office.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Design and develop engaging, creative, and impactful learning experiences to improve leadership capabilities
- Partner with a team of Program Managers to create diverse learning experiences
- Act as a Learning Business Partner to critical business units
- Develop learning and development solutions by facilitating subject matter expert input, researching external sources of knowledge or a combination of both
- Design and develop live virtual learning and classroom materials including slide decks, activity sheets, facilitator guides
- Content development and creation for multi-modal learning - classroom, virtual, e-learning and on-the-job
- 7+ years of experience in Learning & Development and/or adult learning environments
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining scalable programs across multiple business verticals
- Deep understanding of learning theory and training principles, tools, and methodologies
- Experienced in translating business needs and requirements into educational resources and experiences
- Skilled at developing plans that are aligned with both the organizational and talent strategy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, management, and leadership
- Knowledge of design thinking strategies, instructional design, resource creation, and communications for optimal adoption
- Skilled in instructional design and learning content curation
- Able to rally people around a shared goal, project plan;
- Program and process leader who thinks holistically about the talent lifecycle
- Possess a growth mindset and seek out feedback for improvement; practices radical candor when communicating new ideas and/or challenging others
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.