We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a Manager, Tax Engine to join our Global Tax Technology team. This is a crucial role that will help build out our tax calculation software program. The candidate should have experience implementing and maintaining tax calculation software. Your success is dependent on the ability to understand and articulate the life-cycle of the sale process, tax requirements; and lead projects through an implementation. We are a fast growing team and looking for candidates who seek to learn and are willing to go into unfamiliar territory,
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee discovery, planning, configuration, testing, and production of new business initiatives as it relates to tax calculation software
- Oversee development, support, and execution of ongoing maintenance and enhancements of tax calculation software
- Review existing processes to identify improvements while converting findings into necessary changes
- Oversee relationships with outside service providers
- Provide tax calculation software expertise to other business organizations such as Engineering, Catalog, Legal, Product, etc.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Tax, Finance, a related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software (i.e. Vertex).
- Experience using BI tools such as Alteryx, Quicksight, or Tableau.
- Working knowledge of indirect tax including sales tax and VAT.
- Experience in maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation software, (e.g. Vertex).
- Experience working in environments with competitive deadlines and production environments.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.