We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
The Enterprise Identity team’s mission is to make the end user experience on Instacart’s Enterprise white-label eCommerce solution a seamless extension of each retailer's website through integration with the retailer CRM and authentication services, and to power features through managing a rich user identity. The Identity problem space includes user login, registration, SSO integrations, CRM integrations, user data isolation, user data and preferences, and protection of personally identifiable information (PII).
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team that owns the Instacart Enterprise Identity domain, manage the development of features and infrastructure, and help drive its future vision and strategy.
- You will work closely with cross functional stakeholders and help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will collaborate closely with Instacart’s technical delivery team and our retailer partners in understanding their unique eCommerce needs and scenarios as they apply to CRM and SSO integrations and participate in driving solutions.
- You will improve the robustness of Identity systems, ensuring the team holds a high standard of quality.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will develop a team culture of ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.