We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a Senior GL Accountant to join our Finance team, reporting to the Senior Manager, GL Accounting and responsible for financial reporting, maintaining the general ledger, account reconciliations and supporting other functions within the accounting department. This position will play an active role in the financial close process and preparation of month-end journal entries which includes various expense accruals, prepaids and allocations and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Perform accounting functions as assigned, such as recording, reconciling, and analyzing accounting transactions.
- Build lead schedules and reconciliations for GL accounts.
- Assist with the month end close process and preparation of monthly reporting package.
- Assist with the annual audit process including both the readiness and execution, including preparation of supporting audit schedules
- Assist with and/or complete ad hoc projects as requested. Research and document issues, special projects, Audit requests, etc.
- Serve as a back-up on month-end duties assigned to other team members.
- As necessary, contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned and perform independent and objective project analysis to support management with the decision-making process
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related fields with 5+ years of relevant experience in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and public accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in a high growth, fast-paced startup environment is highly preferred with expert ability to switch between competing initiatives as needed
- Eager to take on new tasks and projects with little supervision
- Strong written, oral communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, take ownership of work product and improve processes
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word / Excel
- Experience with Oracle Cloud is a plus
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.