We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
We're building a team of incredibly talented product leaders to define and execute on our vision of being the world leader in online grocery. You'll work among star engineers, designers, data scientists, and operators in a fast-growing environment. The role demands a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth.
About Instacart Ads
Instacart Ads help brands attract and engage customers at every stage of their shopping journey — from initial keyword search and aisle browsing through checkout. Our vision is to democratize the grocery store by offering brands of all sizes an equal opportunity to reach potential customers.
About the Advertiser Platforms Team
The mission of the Advertiser Platforms team is to enable advertisers to reach their marketing objectives with self-service campaign tools, APIs and measurement. This team supports the activation and success of new advertiser segments. They also drive deeper advertiser investments and better advertiser outcomes by communicating ad effectiveness and empowering brands with tools to showcase their creativity in front of our consumers.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more.
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our marketplace, enabling brands to reach consumers through innovative experiences
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Devise and help guide user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- 6+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working on ad problems - campaign management and workflow a plus
- Experience building cross-platform experiences (native, mobile web, desktop)
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Experience taking products from ideation (0) to launch (1) - including heavy participation in / leading of a GTM strategy
- Passion for diving in complex, ambiguous problem spaces and simplifying enough to get traction & drive alignment
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Strong data-driven problem-solving skills
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are business users
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members (and other internal / external stakeholders) on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.