We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will be integral to the success of our enterprise fulfillment platform and the partners who use it to power their business. As a subject matter expert on Pickup, you will represent Instacart on strategic calls with new and existing retail partners. Internally, you will synthesize partner needs and communicate with cross functional teams to make sure we deliver a world-class fulfillment experience. You should possess a deep understanding of a retailer's operating environment, the ability to frame a problem internally, and sell and successfully execute a vision to partners. You will work closely with our Business Development and Partner Store Operations team to sell and optimize a retailer’s program and with our product and engineering teams to build for the future.
Your day to day…
- Own retailer specific strategies on how to build deeper integration and relationships between the partner and our enterprise fulfillment offering
- Work with account executives to review partner performance, identify opportunities, and to craft pitches for new operating models
- Attend weekly retailer meetings as the voice of our pickup program and product when introducing key new features
- Develop and pilot operating frameworks that allow us to forge new partnerships and enter new verticals
- Work closely with analysts and data science to understand our key metrics, how they are changing across cohorts, to stay ahead of partner needs
- Identify opportunities by completing non-technical performance analysis, creating hypothesis, and working with relevant teams to test.
- Keep our retailers and Instacart moving quickly by developing creative solutions to internal roadblocks and driving cross-team execution
- Credential yourself as an expert in the space. Know our program and product better than most in the company. Invest the time to know each of your retailer’s operations just as well.
- Work with our next generation team. See how the world of tomorrow frames retailers thinking about the problems of today.
- 6-8 years in a customer success role with operational component an experience in launching new products with an enterprise customer or 6-8 years of experience in retail environment, central operations, strategic initiatives, partner success, or similar roles
- Strong problem framing and storytelling skills
- Ability to write simple SQL queries to inform hypothesis testing
- Comfortability with Periscope, Tableau, Excel, and other tools used for data analysis, visualization, and dashboards
- Data-driven with a strong business and operational acumen
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful business
- Proven ability to work independently, multi-task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Nice to Have:
- Experience launching and scaling pilots in the retail environment
- Advanced SQL competency
- Advanced knowledge of operational theory
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.