We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Creative Team is dedicated to making Instacart one of the world's most beloved and recognizable brands. Through outstanding design across brand, marketing, and storytelling, our goal is to evolve the world's perception of our relationship to food and grocery shopping—and make sure that shines through every Instacart experience.
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Instacart Creative Team is looking to hire a hybrid Designer-Art Director. In this role you will be responsible for developing creative concepts for marketing campaigns, providing art direction and concept guidance to marketing designers. You will also create pixel-perfect designs for CRM email and email campaigns, read the creative briefs to understand the project goals, and work cross-functionally with the Instacart Marketing Designers and CRM Team for creative ideation, design feedback, and design collaboration.
- Develop creative concepts for marketing campaigns
- Provide art direction and concept guidance to marketing designers
- Lead creative design reviews to provide art direction in service of the project goals
- Create multiple email designs for digital campaigns
- Read & understand the project creative brief to design for strategic goals
- Adhere to the technical standards of email templates & modules
- Lead art direction for marketing campaigns, collaborating closely with designers and writers
- Understand strategic goals for the project and work closely with XFP on creative and CRM for alignment
- 7+ years of art direction for marketing campaigns
- Experience in driving creative concept development across designers and writers
- Experience in designing multiple emails and email campaigns in digital retail
- Knowledge and understanding of designing for digital marketing & communication
- Ability to read and process a creative brief, ask critical questions that help you find the creative solution, and create to the project goals
- Experience designing in Figma
- Creative problem solver when it comes to designing outside the box and working within technical constraints
- Highly creative in designing for digital marketing; can iterate on multiple concepts
- Clear communicator, verbally and visually; able to give constructive and actionable design feedback
- Flexible and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely collaborative and take feedback with a positive and curious attitude
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.