We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a seasoned partnerships manager to help manage Instacart’s relationships with critical payment partners to ensure Instacart's long term growth and success. Specific payment partners include Processors, Payment Networks and key payment methods. The role entails managing the day to day interactions between companies, partnership strategies, negotiating high impact deals, as well as managing senior executive-level partner counterparts. The role interfaces very closely with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, Policy, Finance, etc.) and plays a key role as a main business counterpart of Instacart's Growth Product and Engineering organizations.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Relationship Management: Own the end-to-end relationship management with strategic payments partners.
- Support strategic opportunities from proposal stage through implementation by providing project management and cross-functional coordination
- Drive quarterly business reviews with partners and ensure the delivery of high impact results
- Provide a strategic business and partnership perspective to the product and engineering teams including developing a joint roadmap
- Educate other cross functional teams on capabilities and initiatives which can help the company achieve its goals and objectives.
- Conduct analysis of strategic opportunities for Instacart through a deep understanding of the partner’s business and evolving industry context, including payment strategy
- Strategy: Collaborate and support the development of the Payments Partnerships strategy with cross-functional teams including opportunity sizing and resource prioritization to help drive the next level of innovation and growth for Instacart.
- Design, evaluate and pursue new, innovative partnerships with various payment industry players
- Contract Execution: Manage payment industry partners, including negotiating and signing new contractual agreements and amendments as needed.
- Drive accountability by managing your partner deals through a process that ensures cross-functional alignment and accountability across deal terms. Interface and serve as a point of contact for both internal and external counterparts
- 6-8 years of business development or partnerships experience in tech or related industries
- Expertise in payments, financial services, payment acceptance and disbursements.
- Passionate about leading strategic payments conversations, presenting business reviews, and coordinating high level technical discussions
- Experience in negotiating non-standard business or corporate development agreements
- Enjoy reading and learning about the intricacies of payments and fintech
- Experience working with product and engineering teams
- Familiarity with payment operations and payment processors is a strong plus
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.