We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of IT Infrastructure to lead the continued development and implementation of IT Infrastructure initiatives that support the mission and growth of Instacart.
Reporting to the Director of IT, you will provide vision and technology leadership in the planning, architecture, deployment, management, and operation of essential IT Infrastructure including network and IT security, enterprise systems, IAM, endpoint management. You will also be responsible for the coaching and development of the current managers and senior ICS of each of these IT Infrastructure verticals.
The expectation for this role is to come in as both a business leader and a technologist with a vision for how IT can enable productivity and efficiency for the enterprise. You must have well-developed and highly effective listening, communication, presentation, and persuasive skills, including the ability to receive, process, and present information to diverse audiences while maintaining effective, collaborative relationships with all stakeholders.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of IT Infrastructure Managers and senior ICs, leading them to meet or exceed Instacart’s expectations for rapid innovation, implementation, quality and achievement
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight across projects and technology platforms, ensuring guiding principles and technology standards are followed
- Proactively research and investigate new or improved methodology or technology that will either improve IT customer or IT infrastructure processes, increase productivity, or reduce expenses
- Provide resource management to major initiatives by forecasting resource demands with IT PMO, coordinating the staffing of infrastructure programs/projects with managers, and providing work direction and coaching
- Develop, manage to and report on IT Infrastructure SLAs
- Manage a global team with follow-the-sun coverage
- Measure and track performance to achieve target deliverables. Identify opportunities to improve department operational efficiency and staff productivity.
- 8+ years of infrastructure and IT operations experience, with experience in a similar role
- 4+ years of experience managing managers
- Deep interest in technology trends and awareness of the evolution of enterprise platforms
- A consistent track record of handling a range of complex, high-impact projects with strong organizational leadership and influencing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, influence, and communications skill with the proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with IT infrastructure design and implementation for high mobility environments (e.g. warehouse, hospital, school, etc)
- Flexible and adaptable - Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced working environment and work in a diplomatic and tactful manner with others
- Possess excellent leadership abilities and management skills with a proven record of strategic planning, productivity, and process improvement, change management, and budget and resource management
- M&A experience with keen focus on IT Service Delivery
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of enterprise architecture in infrastructure, application, and data
- Solid technical background particularly in managing highly complex, multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring and management)
- Strong knowledge of current and trending security practices, regulations and technologies
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.