We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As one of the largest e-commerce marketplaces in the world, Instacart is focused on providing a high quality platform for brands to reach their customers. With our rapid growth in products, verticals and volume, ensuring the integrity, relevancy and effectiveness of ad products is a priority for our business. This role will lead our Ads Integrity Operations function, and will be responsible for operationalizing policies and managing the quality of our ad products at scale. You will be a part of the larger TPM function, which brings technical expertise, product, and business acumen to successfully deliver highly complex initiatives. We manage critical programs and execute at scale - driving strategy, unraveling dependencies, and promoting strong collaboration and communication across the entire engineering org and company.
The ideal candidate for this position is enterprising, strategic, process-minded, a strong communicator, and a rapid problem solver. You have built operations teams within an engineering organization, and are adept at influencing the product roadmap and cross-functional stakeholders to build new ad review and management tools and features to improve efficiency for the team and external partners. Your work will directly influence ad product experiences, user sentiment, and brand trust which requires a strong sense of ownership and understanding of each area. Join us as a key partner to Engineering, Product, Policy, Legal, and Sales in driving policy implementation, and developing tooling/processes for our rapidly growing Ad platform!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Oversee all aspects of Ads Integrity Operations, and serve as the crucial interface between sales, engineering, product, legal and policy in the space.
- Define and build tools and processes to enable and improve the integrity review process. Identify opportunities to automate manual processes, and work with engineering to enhance ML capability and tooling.
- Set the vision for and build a high performance Operations team with an engineering organization. Actively mentor and develop individuals to succeed.
- Drive policy implementation and provide feedback into the policy definition and creation process.
- Establish and manage relationships with external vendors. Lead contract negotiations, budgeting and forecasting to ensure that review capacity is successfully met.
- Set success criteria, processes and monitoring to drive for quality and efficiency in vendor and in-house delivery.
- Lead by example with strong program management skills across cross-functional planning, execution and communication.
- Join in investigations and trouble-shooting of issues. on-time delivery of final product, and take a hands-on approach to program management throughout the full software development lifecycle.
- Manage and resolve escalations from internal and external stakeholders.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science / Engineering or relevant industry experience; Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years experience working in content operations, technical program management, data quality, or a similar area at a consumer technology company.
- 3+ years of people management experience, having led teams executing on operational and technical programs.
- Successful track record of defining and executing operational processes, including tooling definition and implementation. Experience negotiating with and managing third party vendors.
- Ability to quickly understand and confidently translate complex concepts to non-technical and executive audiences, and provide critical technical feedback to engineering teams.
- Desire to go deep into metrics, engage in discovery and explore new ideas
- Ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions. Demonstrated organized and decisive leadership skills, as well as a clear sense of ownership and self-motivation.
- Strong program management and relationship-building skills. Proven ability to lead conversations with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.