We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
We are seeking a Senior Provision & Compliance Analyst to join our rapidly growing Tax team. You will be responsible for providing tax provision, compliance and planning support to us achieving our goals in a tax-efficient manner. You will be responsible for working on our tax compliance and reporting as well as process improvements to scale tax operations. This candidate should expect to work cross-functionally and collaboratively and manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment. This position will be based in San Francisco and will report to the Tax Manager.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Assist with data collection required for federal, state and international income tax return workpapers prepared by outside service providers
- Assist with quarter end close procedures, including the preparation of tax account reconciliations
- Support SOX compliance through documentation and timely performance of controls
- Conduct various tax research projects, analyze the income tax implications of any new tax legislations, and document for purposes of provision with proper memorandums prepared
- Prepare responses and supporting documentation for federal and state tax agency notices and audits
- Work closely with FP&A to support the quarterly/annual ETR and cash tax forecast processes
- Support special projects, such as R&D tax credit studies, state apportionment study, due diligence for M&A and international expansion
- Support monthly transfer pricing calculations
- Support the evolution of the tax reporting function, tax technology tools, and technological enhancements
- 4+ years tax compliance and accounting experience with a mix of public accounting and in-house experience in ASC 740
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Accounting or Finance (or equivalent)
- CPA/MS in Tax is desirable but not required
- Sufficient knowledge of US income tax laws and regulations related to multinational corporations
- Proactive and resourceful team player with positive attitude and energy, close attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic high-performance environment with strong willingness to learn and grow
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), financial and economic analysis skills
- Proficient computer skills including strong working knowledge of Excel, Google Suite, ERP systems, and aptitude to learn new software
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Tableau, Periscope, SQL or similar tools desirable
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.