We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
As we continue our rapid growth, we are looking to add to our Business Development team. We are hiring a Business Development Associate to create new retailer partnerships all across the U.S. In this role, you will have responsibilities including, but not limited to, identifying key potential retailers ( mid-market), creating relationships within the potential retailer organization, explaining key benefits to Instacart, and formalizing partnerships.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Identify, contact, and establish relationships with key retailers and their decision makers
- Negotiate and sign retailer partnerships
- Establish a deep understanding of Instacart's business operations, including internal processes, functional group strategies, and competitive context
- Work with cross-functional teams to accomplish goals on tight deadlines
- Work with Retail Operations team to facilitate seamless partnership transition from sales process to onboarding
- Establish content, processes and reporting to help accelerate team goals
- Engage, educate, collaborate, and problem solve with external partners at all levels of the organization
- 2-4 years previous experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and adapt to different audiences
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Solid stakeholder management skills, both for internal and external stakeholders
- Quick communication response times
- Creative problem-solver
- Occasional Travel
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.