We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every few years, a company appears that transforms an industry. Instacart has the chance to be one of those companies, and you could be one of the early people that shape Instacart and help us change the way people shop.
In a few short years we've launched same-day delivery in nearly 100 major US markets, provided flexible work to tens of thousands of Personal Shoppers on our platform, and have sold and delivered billions in grocery products.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get great food and give them back time so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
A Product Manager at Instacart has a mix of principled thinking, well-honed product sense, and technical depth. They are ultimately responsible for owning the product and leading a cross-functional team to take ideas and iteratively, bring them to life. We’d like you to have a customer-first mindset and demonstrate experience in delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research.
ABOUT THE JOB
Working with company leadership and finance, this product manager will own our consumer experience. This product manager will also drive the vision and the product roadmap for the Instacart customer experience. This role will partner cross-functionally with engineering, design, and analytics teams to collect, evaluate, prioritize, and deliver regular updates to help delight and scale our customer experience.
- Define product strategy and optimize customer experience using a variety of inputs, and clearly articulate rationale behind product / feature decisions.
- Identify new growth opportunities via quantitative research, case studies, and reviews of industry standard methodologies
- Serve as the point person for your product area to leadership and across the organization
- Influence key stakeholders throughout Instacart to align intent, resources, and prioritization
- Drive every component of our core consumer user experience
- Innovating and introducing new consumer features based ideas to further improve the value of Instacart's platform
- Influencing key strategic decisions through the behavior of individuals on Instacart's platform marketplace to continually improve 'off-line' strategic decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment strongly preferred
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.