We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. Groceries are a vital part of our lives, but shopping for them hasn’t fundamentally changed since the first supermarket opened 100 years ago.
Food is sustenance, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Instacart App Dependability team is laser focused on making sure our customers get their order on time with exactly what they ordered or a satisfactory replacement. If they aren’t satisfied, we fix it. At the surface this may seem like a solved problem, but the complexity behind coordinating retailers, shoppers, and customers to navigate the ever changing perishable inventory in a grocery store might surprise you.
The Dependability modeling and infrastructure team builds and maintains the core item availability prediction and replacement suggestion systems. We leverage data from our retailers, shoppers, and 3rd parties to accurately predict what’s in stock at a given store. This is a cross-functional team with partners in engineering, machine learning, data science, research, and design.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You'll drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for our availability prediction and replacement suggestion systems
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, machine learning, design, research, data science, and operations.
- Identify the biggest problems to solve. Drive new feature development from start to finish
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
We rely on our values to guide our decisions: Solve for the Customer, Every Minute Counts, This is Your Baby, Go Far, Together and Of Course, But Maybe. What does this mean for your role? We are looking for someone who has:
- A minimum of 6+ years experience as a Technical Product manager / Product Manager, at a technology company.
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills to bring together stakeholders across product, engineering, business development, operations, corporate strategy, and finance.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by creating customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Strong data driven problem solving skills
- A technical background (technical degree or experience working on a technical product surface area) and experience with machine learning technology is preferred.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.