We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart is looking to hire an experienced Senior Managers of Data Science with a strong background in Growth. You will have experience leading world-class teams at a high-growth company. In this position, you will partner with senior product and engineering leadership to grow Instacart’s core product.
As the Senior Manager of Data Science for Growth, you will hire and build the data science team that oversees all data, analytics, experiments and insights across our marketing and incentives platforms, user acquisition, conversion, resurrection and early retention. You will oversee opportunity identification, experiment design, forecasting, and metrics/reporting design to help our Growth teams operate effectively and play a significant role in helping us grow our customer base over the next 2-3 years. You will be a trusted partner to Directors and VPs of Product and Engineering. We’re looking for an experienced leader who can hit the ground running and influence decision-making across the organization.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead an existing high-performing team of 10 data scientists, expected to grow to 20+ in the next two years
- Oversee the design of rigorous experiments and interpret results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Lead the development of statistical models to extract trends, measure results, and predict future performance of our product
- Enable objective decision making across the company by democratizing data through dashboards and other analytical tools
- Use expertise in causal inference, machine learning, complex systems modeling, behavioral decision theory etc. to shape the future of Growth at Instacart
- Present findings in a compelling way to influence Instacart’s Growth leadership and product decision making
- 8+ years experience working in a quantitative role at a product company or a research organization
- 4+ years of progessive leadership experience, hiring and managing a high performing team of Data Scientists
- 2+ years experience leading Growth teams
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks & superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate in cross-functional capacity with leaders in engineering, product, finance, etc
- Ability to design & run rigorous experiments and come up with sound recommendations
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Experience coding with a programming language such as Python or R
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.