We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Are you passionate about identifying and solving complex and ambiguous challenges? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics, mentoring others, and seeing your work impact both customers and the larger business? Do you care about a customer’s first experience?
If so, let’s talk!
ABOUT THE JOB
- In this Staff level role you will be a lead, mentor and cross-functional Lead who helps impact multiple teams, with ownership and responsibility for leading major initiatives around app architecture, design and infrastructure
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Develop and drive iOS best practices across the organization
- Championing iOS: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- 10+ years of related engineering experience and extensive understanding of native iOS app development, architecture, framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong expertise with Swift, Objective C, Xcode, UIKit, and iOS SDKs
- Deep understanding of various architecture patterns such as MVVM and MVC
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred
In your application, please include a short note about your background and interests, your Github username, and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set.
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.