We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Instacart, we are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. As an iOS Engineer at Instacart, you will work with our teams to build robust, well-architected native iOS applications that simplify the complex challenge of getting our customers’ orders from the store to their door. In this role, you will be one of the main contributors in our iOS apps and constantly helping the team to improve the process and code base. You will work in an open collaborative environment serving millions of users daily.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our team is investing heavily in mobile applications and iOS stands at the forefront of our technological system. At our velocity and volume-level, we need the ability to deploy new products and features reliably, faster and better. We are also experimenting with SwiftUI in both our Customers and Shoppers apps. Join our team to help us build the best apps for our users.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for
- managing things directly
- You will work closely with Product Managers, other teams, backend engineers, internal and external stakeholders, and own a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency
- You will have the freedom to work on latest trends in the iOS development
- You will educate colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the iOS platform and leveraging them when building new features
- Our tech stack: We develop our native iOS apps using Swift with RxSwift and MVI unidirectional architecture. We use GraphQL, gRPC, REST on the backend that powers our API’s.
- 10+ years of related engineering experience and extensive understanding of native iOS app development, architecture, framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong expertise in Swift, Xcode, UIKit and iOS SDK
- Deep understanding of various architecture patterns such as MVVM and MVC
- Strong sense of product ownership & superior analytical skills
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Automated testing experience
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Strong general programming and algorithm skills
- Data driven mindset
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.