We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Are you passionate about identifying and solving complex and ambiguous challenges? Are you entrepreneurial and eager to build your ideas? Do you enjoy digging into metrics, mentoring others, and seeing your work impact both customers and the larger business? Do you care about a customer’s first experience?
If so, let’s talk!
ABOUT THE JOB
- In this Staff level role you will be a lead, mentor and and cross-functional Lead who helps impact multiple teams, with ownership and responsibility for leading major initiatives around app architecture, design and infrastructure
- Collaboration with product managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- Shipping high quality solutions with urgency
- Develop and drive Android best practices across the organization
- Championing Android: educating colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- 10+ years of related engineering experience and extensive understanding of native Android app development, architecture, framework components and their respective lifecycles
- Strong expertise with Kotlin, RXJava, Dagger, and Retrofit
- Deep understanding of various architecture patterns such as MVVM, MVP, MVI
- Superior analytical skills and a strong sense of urgency and ownership in your work
- Proven customer facing application development, troubleshooting, deployment and application performance tuning experience
- Proven ability to build, launch and iterate on apps under pressure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred