We're transforming the grocery industry
At Instacart, we invite the world to share love through food because we believe everyone should have access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. Where others see a simple need for grocery delivery, we see exciting complexity and endless opportunity to serve the varied needs of our community. We work to deliver an essential service that customers rely on to get their groceries and household goods, while also offering safe and flexible earnings opportunities to Instacart Personal Shoppers.
Instacart has become a lifeline for millions of people, and we’re building the team to help push our shopping cart forward. If you’re ready to do the best work of your life, come join our table.
Instacart is a Flex First team
There’s no one-size fits all approach to how we do our best work. Our employees have the flexibility to choose where they do their best work—whether it’s from home, an office, or your favorite coffee shop—while staying connected and building community through regular in-person events. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is crucial, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It provides a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Product Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone. By helping take care of the shopping, we help people get good food and give them back time, so they can do what matters most to them. We’re finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
About the Team
The Instacart Shopper & Fulfillment team enables the livelihood of hundreds of thousands and builds the marketplace that powers Instacart’s services. Together we give people instant access to local retailers and goods, enabling new ways for customers to do their weekly grocery run and serve more spontaneous needs throughout the week.
For shoppers, we don’t just build experiences that help recruit, onboard, and educate new shoppers (but yes, we do that too). We also provide our shoppers with tools that help them decide when and where they choose to work, empowering them to do their best job. By keeping our shoppers busy and happy, we also keep our customers happy. They won’t have to choose between a quality service or an affordable service–we’re giving them both.
We also build matching and dispatch solutions that balance marketplace efficiency, speed and fulfillment quality. We work deeply with engineering, machine learning, data science, and cross functional teams across the company, to deliver solutions that ensure every unit of work is offered to the shopper best suited to deliver the highest quality of fulfillment.
The role demands a mix of analytical prowess, critical thinking, and technical depth. In this role, you will:
ABOUT THE JOB
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineering, design, research, data science, operations, marketing, local markets, and more
- Drive product definition, strategy, and long term vision for initiatives across audiences of our marketplace, enabling brand to reach consumers through innovative experience
- Identify the biggest problems and drive new feature development from start to finish
- Run user research, usability studies, data-driven experiments to inform product direction
- Build, measure, and iterate rapidly
- Work closely with Engineering, Machine Learning and Data Science teams to build, experiment, iterate and launch product features and optimization models that can ensure the highest quality of fulfillment
- Consistently integrate behavior data and customer feedback into key product decisions
- Communicate product plans, benefits and results to all audiences - within teams, company, to users, press etc.
- 5+ years in Product Management at a technology company, ideally working mobile. We are hiring roles different levels of seniority
- Experience delivering impactful products and features that are heavily informed by data as well as user research
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by crafting customer-first solutions and thinking from first principles
- Strong data driven problem solving skills
- Passion for building products that unlock value for people who are using your product for their income
- Experience influencing the Executive Team members on key strategy and cross-functional initiatives
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.