We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Policy & Government Affairs department advocates for public policy outcomes that support the long-term growth of our business. We build trust with government policymakers, helping them understand our business and its positive impact on their communities. We help to shape complex, cutting-edge public policy debates that will define the future of work and e-commerce. We engage a diverse coalition of stakeholders and communities to build effective advocacy campaigns that advance our public policy goals. We help the company see around corners to anticipate and adjust to rapidly evolving political and regulatory landscapes.
The Policy Campaigns Manager will be responsible for developing and executing playbooks for winning advocacy campaigns in priority markets. The Manager will leverage paid media, public opinion research, grassroots organizing, stakeholder engagement, earned media, digital organizing and other public engagement strategies to support proactive and reactive policy goals within and across markets.
This position will be located in San Francisco, CA, Washington, DC or New York, NY and reports to the Senior Manager of Policy Campaigns.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Work collaboratively with the government affairs, community affairs, and communications teams to develop a cohesive advocacy strategy that moves the needle on policy issues critical to Instacart’s future success
- Serve as a campaign strategist with strong political instincts, who can provide expert advice on what advocacy tactics to use under a variety of circumstances
- Oversee the implementation of our campaign playbooks, working with vendors, consultants and coalition partners to ensure everyone is doing their part to achieve a win
- Assist in developing multi-channel, paid communications plans (digital, mail, television, etc) that are strategic, target specific audiences, and are based on insights from public opinion research.
- Assist in managing our public opinion strategies, in partnership with outside vendors, so that our campaigns are investing in research instruments that result in stronger advocacy
- Tailor research-tested campaign messaging and talking points for external audiences
- Create regular and purposeful reports on the progress and performance of campaign investments in priority markets
- 5+ years of electoral or legislative advocacy campaign experience with a track record of success and a strong background in paid media planning and public opinion research
- First-hand knowledge of public opinion instruments–both quantitative and qualitative– and an ability to guide a strategic conversation around the research questions that need to be answered
- Familiarity with paid media strategy and the metrics that measure our reach and impact with target audiences
- Deep respect for and familiarity with grassroots and grasstops organizing tactics, including a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with an organizing team
- Excellent writing skills and a demonstrated ability to adapt wonky and complex policy language for external audiences.
- Team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing policy environment.
- Interest in the policy issues facing our industry.
- Bonus points for previous political strategy consulting experience or if you’ve served as a campaign manager for an electoral campaign
- Extra bonus points for some experience in data analytics, economics or a related quantitative role