We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Design Team is dedicated to making grocery shopping effortless for everyone and finding solutions to large-scale challenges that will forever change the way people feed themselves and their loved ones.
ABOUT THE JOB
We’re seeking creative problem solvers that can bring definition to complex and ambiguous problems, then generate strategically broad options and lead us through to narrowing in on the right solution. You’ll use your full range of skills including business thinking, product strategy, strategic design, interaction design, and visual design to define and solve problems to create amazing experiences. You’ll partner with Research, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Content Design to identify new opportunities, create and test directions, and deliver holistic solutions that are impactful, usable, and lovable.
- 15+ years of experience as a product/UX designer in a relevant industry
- You love fast-paced environments
- You are deeply curious and think of your role very broadly
- You are a design generalist who can drive the process end-to-end
- You are a product person who thinks deeply about business and product challenges
- You are detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
- You can move fluidly between long-term vision and near-term execution
- You have been a thought leader across many cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You are self-aware
- Strong case studies showcasing your end-to-end process from problem definition to final solution and impact on users and the business