We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries to and includes many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are hiring a Senior Manager, Revenue Management & Strategy to build Instacart Ads’ revenue management function, focused on maximizing yield on Instacart’s evolving set of advertising products. This individual will lead a team to make tradeoffs between price and sell through in one of the fastest moving categories in the consumer space: groceries. This role will be highly cross-functional with partnership across sales leadership, product, marketing, data science, and finance. This individual will drive tangible impact on the Instacart Advertising business’ financial performance through these efforts.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Develop and implement repeatable yield management practices on both fixed fee and auction-based products; manage pricing for all Instacart Ads products
- Build processes & dashboards to review product-level revenue and diagnose drivers of changes in performance
- Lead the creation of new policies & procedures around client-level financial tradeoffs, managing upfront negotiation processes and developing Instacart Ads’ deal desk
- Identify and quantify new revenue opportunities that may lead to the development of new advertising products
- Build and socialize written business cases, gaining alignment along the way from cross-functional leaders
- Turn strategic recommendations into reality, project managing execution of new ideas
- 10+ years of experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional project management experience and a track record of leveraging data for business impact; MBA a plus
- Seasoned people manager with experience scoping new roles and building new teams
- Experience in digital advertising revenue management (also referred to as yield management)
- Track record of developing strategic business cases and executing high visibility cross-functional projects from proposal to implementation
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise
- Ability to deep dive into data, identify and quantify opportunities, and design sustainable improvements and solutions. Proficient in advanced Excel; SQL a plus.
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily to senior leadership
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.