We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
We are looking for a Senior Associate to join our Strategic Finance team. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team at the ground level and drive analyses for some of the most exciting initiatives we are undertaking at Instacart. In this role, you will provide financial support for business priorities that will have a critical impact on our company’s near and long-term success.
As a Senior Associate, you have both strong attention to detail and the ability to consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You are highly analytical and a clear, confident communicator.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Early team member on the Strategic Finance team
- Partner cross-functionally to drive budgeting processes, strategic decision making and initiative prioritization
- Partner with FP&A and BizOps leads to generate monthly and quarterly performance and forecast reviews, board meeting and investor presentations, and other financial review presentations
- Prepare insightful analytics for cross functional leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help develop Instacart’s strategic direction
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual and long range P&L planning
- Assist with board meeting and investor presentations
- Complete ad-hoc business projects and financial modeling analysis that drive decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, CS, Math, Economics, Finance, Business or other related field
- 4-6 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Experience in investment banking, equity research, private equity or FP&A / Strategic Finance at high-growth technology company preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel with strong attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge is preferred
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendations and action plans
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage multiple competing priorities, and drive projects to completion
- Strong communication skills and comfort working with internal stakeholders, including senior leadership
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Finding humor in food puns is a plus!