We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
You will be joining a growing Financial Systems & Solutions team and will tackle highly complex and interesting data challenges on a daily basis. You will be supporting the Finance team by establishing data integrity, financial reporting, performing data analysis, and executing critical projects. This role will also include implementing and testing key controls around data, database, and tool integrity. We’re looking for a self-driven, strategic thinker who can hit the ground running to ultimately play a critical role in the growth and development of our Finance org at Instacart.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) that owns all financial data areas and manages the data support arm of the Finsys team.
- Partner closely with management and stakeholders in multiple departments to deliver key reporting, analysis, and technical projects within the confines of a greater strategy.
- Own, execute and manage multiple enterprise-level data projects from gathering business requirements, developing a project plan, rigorous testing, go live, and post production support.
- Develop solutions that focus on self-serve business ability with proper controls to ensure sustained integrity.
- Manage, recruit and scale highly productive data analytics team
- Own design, execution, and maintenance of financial data mart.
- Maintain a good understanding of technical controls over data integrity, databases, and tools.
- Partner closely with Data Science, Infrastructure, and Data Engineering teams and maintain a pulse on new initiatives, knowledge transfer, and roadmap prioritization.
- Expertly evaluate effort level, prioritization, and deliverable expectations from business stakeholders to effectively manage team workload.
- Help create and maintain a robust control environment for data, systems, and processes including creating controls, testing, remediation, and assisting finance partners with the same.
- 7+ years experience working in a quantitative role, ideally in a high-volume marketplace platform company supporting finance and/or business operations.
- Advanced degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer or Data Science.
- Proficiency in SQL and experience working with relational databases and data integrity.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Periscope and Tableau
- Experience designing, implementing and managing financial data marts.
- Experience with best practices in data governance, ideally in a public company environment
- Demonstrated success in product and stakeholder management
- A desire to build and improve financial data integrity and database infrastructure
- Ability to communicate results to business/non-technical audience in a clear and concise way.
- Ability to translate business needs into executable reporting or project plans
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for Instacart