We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries to and includes many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are hiring an Analyst to join the Sales Capability & Strategy team and lead the development of dashboards, tools, and analysis to ensure that leadership has the insights they need to measure the business. This work will range from building new leadership level dashboards in data visualization tools such as Tableau, to conducting one-off analysis to help identify and size a new revenue opportunity for the Ads business.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Partner with Sales Leaders to design, development, and maintain of key dashboards needed to manage the business
- Design, coordinate, and deliver periodic reporting to Instacart’s Brand Partnership leadership team
- Conduct ad hoc analysis, ranging from the development of new metrics to the identification of root causes for fluctuations in revenue
- Work independently as the key resource for day-to-day analytic needs
- Retrieve and aggregate data from multiple sources and compile it into a digestible and actionable format
- Self motivated to Identifying opportunity to automate and scale reports
- 3+ years work experience in a role requiring application of analytic skills in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analyst role
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience working with Salesforce data
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and resourcefulness
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with many teams and multi-tasks with a sense of urgency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed
Nice to Have…
- Masters degree (MBA, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field)
- Advanced knowledge of data mining and experience with SQL, data warehousing, statistical analysis tools, Microsoft Excel, and data visualization tools such as Tableau; experience extracting and processing data using SQL and Excel
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team
- Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
- Exposure to and understanding of digital advertising
- Experience working closely with a distributed sales team