We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Instacart is looking for an accomplished Engineering Manager with a strong background in building enterprise-grade tools for our internal users. At Instacart we believe in helping our customers and shoppers every step of the way. The Care Tools team builds all help related tools that enable the success of Instacart customers, shoppers and support agents. The Care Tools team covers aspects of fraud prevention, customer appeasement, help interfaces and many others that help improve the overall Instacart experience.
As Engineering Manager, your team will own engineering scoping and execution of all aspects of all the products we build to help make Instacart help service a success.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will manage a full-stack engineering team and manage the development of features and infrastructure.
- You will help prioritize work for your team, making difficult tradeoffs on design based on business constraints, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- You will provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health of the systems your team builds.
- You will participate in interviewing, hiring decisions, on-boarding, and mentoring of new engineers with the goal of quickly making them productive members of your team.
- You will help team members grow as technical contributors and members of Instacart community
- You will develop a team culture of curiosity, impact, ownership that reinforces the core values of Instacart!
- Strong ability to work well cross functionally, and balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical skills, a sense of ownership, and a mindset of curiosity and continuous learning
- Strong ability to approach problems from first principles and solve problems at different levels of abstraction
- Understand what longer term architectural or tooling improvements are needed on different platforms (BE, FE, iOS, Android, Data Engineering)
- Understand how to keep the team motivated and productive in a highly dynamic and fast moving environment
- Have demonstrated experience helping engineers and other technical team members grow in their career
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of software engineers
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.