We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Instacart’s Corporate Development team drives inorganic growth by identifying and executing exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. As a Corporate Development Senior Associate you will work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Engineering, Legal, Finance and HR) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate Instacart’s acquisitions, investments and other strategic deals. You are the primary point of contact for multiple product teams, providing them with the insight needed to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and harness them to lead our deals and integration. With an air of humility, you bring strategic thinking, strong quantitative skills and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
ABOUT THE JOB
Key tasks include:
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and related strategy projects. Be proficient in M&A and other strategic deals, including sourcing, evaluation, negotiation, execution and integration.
- Set and establish M&A priorities across product teams. Facilitate and drive sound M&A-related decision making, including building consensus and driving decisions at the most senior levels.
- Present at meetings with confidence and negotiate M&A deals with composure, objectivity, balancing diplomacy with the ability to drive to outcomes that are in Instacart’s best interests.
- Demonstrate courage to argue against bad deals.
- Develop strong relationships with the most senior Instacart executives and be seen as a trusted advisor through expertise and effectiveness on both corporate development and Instacart strategic matters. Develop and maintain strong relationships within the technology community, including VCs, entrepreneurs, bankers, etc.
- Determine vision, strategy and direction of broader Corporate Development team; contribute to processes, tools, best practices, and training.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4 - 6 years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, venture capital, or private equity in the technology industry.
- Vert strong quantitative, analytical and valuation skills (DCF analysis, comps, etc).
- Strong strategic thinker and passion for learning about new companies and technologies.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills to work well with a diverse set of people (eg. external CEOs, networking events, C-suite, Engineering/Product, Operations).
- Passion for creating a best-in-class experience for Instacart’s customers & shoppers.
- A sense of humor -- we take our work seriously, but have fun doing so.