Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries and one of the fastest growing companies in e-commerce. Instacart's same-day delivery and pickup services bring everyday essentials and fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. and Canada in as fast as an hour. At Instacart, we believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluck, everyone brings something new, different and flavorful to the table. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive and neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal, to make grocery shopping effortless, and give valuable time back to our customers. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. If this excites you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
We are looking for an Sr. IT Security Engineer who will be responsible for driving the continued growth of our IT Security Infrastructure and extending its use across more applications while addressing additional business requirements. You must have strong experience with designing, building, testing, and deploying IT Security solutions.
Want to learn more? Lettuce show you the way!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Design, build, monitor and maintain our IT enterprise infrastructure.
- Create and maintain Access Control Process in accordance with industry best practices.
- Manage the user lifecycle through automation and integration with key systems.
- Evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability, scalability, and extensibility of the systems.
- Work across teams including IT Services, Information Security, and Business units to architect and build security workflows.
- Provide technical expertise and operational assistance to other IT and Business groups.
- Adopt industry best practices and apply them to existing environments
- Ensure systems are secure and protected. Help deliver various project artifacts, and track assignments on large projects.
- Provide leadership (technical and non-technical) to project team members both within and outside of IT
- Determine the impact of system changes and/or new functionality on the employee community
- Self motivation and an enjoyment for a startup environment
- A strong sense of ownership
- You have a good understanding of information security principles and IT infrastructure including operating systems, applications, communications and network protocols.
- You have extensive knowledge of Python scripting and reviewing codes.
- You prioritize tasks with rapid development cycles, remaining flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty.
- You believe in automating and optimizing systems to create a frictionless experience for our users
- You work cross-functionally with teams to better understand their needs and implement solutions that help them work better
- You have deployed large scales systems across an organization
- You have experience in configuration management, deployment, automation, applications, and security
- You are great at communicating with all types of people and personalities
- You have experience with implementing and supporting enterprise technologies