We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
At Instacart we solve for the customer. That extends beyond the hundreds of thousands of consumers we deliver groceries and to the many leading and emerging consumer packaged goods (CPG) advertisers that want to shape how consumers perceive, shop, and stay loyal to their brands. Instacart’s Brand Partnerships team is focused on serving these clients through our native advertising platform.
We are looking for a Sr. Analyst of advertising analytics to join the newly created advertising analytics team that will be fast growing and in spotlight with focus to turn rich data into actionable insights. This team is responsible to serve some of the largest advertisers in the world by helping them better understand and improve the performance of their multi-million-dollar media budgets. This role interfaces across the organization to answer challenging analytical questions related to the performance of advertising. The scope involves both technically rigorous work tapping into one of the largest pools of first-party data in the grocery ecommerce space, use of leading-edge data analysis technologies, and interaction with cross-functional business stakeholders as well as external clients.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Build and analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes of issues
- Develop effective data visualizations and analytical solutions that provide stakeholders access to critical metrics and insights
- Work with teams across Instacart to improve data quality on our platforms
- Work independently as the key resource for day-to-day analytic needs
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- 2-4 years’ work experience in a quant role at a product company
- Ability to write complex, efficient, and eloquent SQL queries to extract data
- Strong experience with data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
- Ability to write efficient and eloquent code, preferably in Python
- Ability to quickly understand business concepts and influence business decision making
- A desire to build and improve consumer software products
- Eagerness to learn, flexibility to pivot when needed, savviness to navigate and thrive in a dynamic environment, and a growth mindset needed to build a successful team and company
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.