We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
Solving these problems is what helps our customers get back time in their day, so they can do more of what they love.
Introducing Our Hybrid Working Model
As the future of work evolves, so do we. We have a hybrid model where our roles are open to in-office, flex, or remote work. Learn more about our flexible approach to where we work.
Every year, people across the world spend nearly one trillion dollars on groceries. It’s an industry that’s been around for centuries. Food itself, however, has been a constant in people’s lives since the beginning of time. Yes, sustenance is essential, but it’s also much more than that. Food can be a part of a daily ritual or a special moment that resonates with people on a meaningful and emotional level. It can be a much-needed break in a long day, a taste that brings back memories, a creative experiment, a shared meal with loved ones, or even comfort during a hard time. Whether it’s a special occasion or an everyday occurrence, it should always be easy for people to get the ingredients they need.
The Instacart Research team is dedicated to understanding the future of online grocery shopping and how current behaviors and needs may be rapidly evolving. We generate insights that drive product strategy and innovation. We are a collaborative and tight-knit team, and we partner with product, design, sales, data science, product marketing, and business development to help build products that solve real problems for people and support Instacart’s mission.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager to build our Ads and Enterprise team and bring the world to Instacart, connect them to everything we offer, and change the way they shop forever. You’re a passionate people leader that cares about building teams and setting the conditions that inspires others to thrive.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Research Management & Leadership
- Build the Ads and Enterprise research team from the ground up
- Hire, coach, and inspire researchers at varying points of their career
- Define a vision and create the conditions for team success through goal setting, project allocation, and clear processes
- Strategic Impact
- Partner with product, design, sales, product marketing, and business development to influence the Enterprise and Ads strategy through research and business insights
- Drive research priorities and ensure insights answer critical product and business decisions across a mix of short and long term, evaluative and generative workstreams
- Utilize a wide range of storytelling techniques and communicate research insights in a clear, opinionated, and compelling way that influences and leads to action
- Establish best practices for conducting research with our advertisers and retailers in partnership with product marketing and business development
- Research Excellence
- Collaborate with the head of Research and broader management team to create a unified research vision, identity, and culture across the whole Research organization
- Drive research excellence by defining quality and establishing best practices that improve research rigor throughout the process
- Immerse the broader Ads and Enterprise organization in retailer and advertiser needs through advocacy, education, and socialization of insights
- 7+ years of research experience, with 5+ years conducting primary research and 3+ years managing a research team, demonstrating:
- Experience building and retaining high performing teams that include a mix of individual contributors
- Impact on company level product and business strategy through research insights
- Track record of influencing senior leaders including Directors and Senior Managers through clear communication and opinionated recommendations
- Deep understanding across a range of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Experience working within e-commerce, online marketplaces, groceries, or consumer tech a plus
- Experience working within advertising or enterprise a plus
- Degree in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, a related field or the equivalent experience desired